Salo Expert™ matches senior experts in finance, accounting, and HR with organizations that need their help. Together, they tackle tough challenges, clean up messes, make strategic breakthroughs, and help every client get ahead.
The client, a global publicly held company, needed someone to facilitate corporate discussion about payroll technology with a group of stakeholders from countries around the world. The client was looking for someone with:
- Experience in payroll systems as well as HRIS technology implementations in general
- The ability to facilitate discussions and control a large room of professionals
- Subject-matter expertise and knowledge of best practices across multiple functional areas in HR
Our Salo expert consultant facilitated a two-day workshop with the team and provided summary documentation.
During the workshop, the Salo expert helped the team:
- Outline each of their current state business processes (e.g., recruiting, hiring, onboarding, benefits, payroll, compensation, performance management, and termination)
- Design swim-lane documentation to illustrate future-state processes based on the current state and desired improvements
- Organize, prioritize, and assign change impacts and action items to the appropriate resources
- Collaborate with the vendor to determine processes for moving forward
- Assign key contacts for each of the outstanding action items with clear due dates and responsibilities
- Develop a change management framework to keep the project on track and people accountable
The consultant kept the worldwide group highly engaged. As a result, they aligned on business decisions, identified requirements for a successful implementation, and ensured the vendor was clear on how to support the organization while delivering the new technology.